20个基本的美国俚语

Has this ever happened to you?
你曾经遇到过这种情况嘛?
Your friend asks: “Hey, what’s up?”
你的朋友问你,:“最近怎么样?”
You respond: “Um, the sky?”
你回答:“天空。”
你的朋友是问你最近怎么样,但是你要怎样知道他要表达的意思呢?这里有一些来自于真实生活的日常用语。你在非母语英语课程中无法学习到这些。它会帮助你更好的理解你朋友所说的话,也会帮助你适应环境,当然它也会帮助你避免一些尴尬的局面。

1.Awesome:在世界范围内awesome(形容词)在英语的使用中都是一个受欢迎的俚语,你会听到老老少少的人们都在使用这个词。当你使用单词awesome的时候,你意在表达某事是极好的或者令人惊讶的。它可以在句中使用也可以单独使用。

Example 1)
例1
“What did you think of Wolf on Wall Street?”
“你认为《华尔街之狼》怎么样”
“It was awesome! I loved it!” (They thought it was a great movie).
“它很棒!我非常喜欢!”(他们认为这是一部很棒的电影)
Example 2)
例2
“I’ll pick you up at 1 pm, okay?”
“我在下午一点接你,好嘛?”
“Awesome.” (Here it shows you’re cool with the idea and you agree).
“完全可以”(这里说明你认为这个主意很棒你完全同意。)
2.Cool :Cool(形容词)和awesome一样意为‘很棒的’或者‘极好的’。它说明你同意这个想法。使用cool的时候要小心处理它的词义,它正常意为有一点冷,因此使用cool的时候你必须认真听并且根据语境去理解词义。

Example 1)
例1
“How’s the weather in Canada these days?”
“最近加拿大的天气怎么样?”
“It’s getting cooler. Winter’s coming!” (This is the literal meaning a little cold)
“天气变得越来越凉了。冬天就要来了!”(这里是cool的字面含义,意味有一点冷)
Example 2)
例2
“What did you think of my new boyfriend?”
“你认为我的新男友怎么样?”
“I liked him. He seemed like a cool guy!” (He seemed like a nice guy).
“我喜欢他,他看起来是一个很酷的家伙!”(他是一个好人)
3.To be beat:在正常的术语里,beat通常采用词义‘赢’或者‘打’的意思。然而。在俚语或者日常英语中,它的意思却完全不同。如果你听你的朋友说I’m beat,这意为他/她非常累了或者筋疲力尽了。

Example 1)
例1
“Do you want to go out tonight? There’s a cool new rock bar that’s just opened.”
“你今晚想出去吗?有一个不错的摇滚酒吧最近开业了。”
“Sorry, I can’t. I’m beat and I have to wake up early tomorrow.”
“不好意思,我不出去了,我很累而且我明天早晨得早起。”
Example 2)
例2
“You look beat, what have you been doing?”
“你看起来很累,你做什么了”
“I’ve been helping my dad in the yard all morning.”
“整个早晨我一直在院子里帮我爸爸。”
4.To hang out :To hang out(动词)。如果有人问你通常在哪闲逛,他们是想知道当你有时间的时候,你通常都喜欢去哪。如果你的朋友问你你是否能和他们一起出去闲逛,他们其实是在问你是否有时间并且愿意和他们一起出去。那如果你问你的朋友他们正在做什么,而他们仅仅回答你在闲逛呢?这意为他们现在有时间并且没有在做什么特别的事。

Example 1)
例1
“Hi Simon, what are you doing?”
“你好,西蒙,你在做什么呢?”
“Nothing much, just hanging out with Sally.” (In this case you can just use the word hanging without the out and say “Nothing much, just hanging with Sally.”)
“没干什么,正在和萨丽一起闲逛呢”(在这种情况下你可以直接使用hanging省去out, “没干什么,正在和萨丽闲逛呢。”)
And if it’s used as a noun? It refers to the place where you spend your free time.
如果用作名词呢?它指你度过闲暇时光的地方.
Example 2)
例2
“Joey, where are you, guys.”
“乔伊,你们现在在哪呢?”
“We’re at our usual hang out. Come down whenever you want!” (It could mean their favorite café, the gym or even the park).
“在我们经常闲逛的地方,你想来的话随时来!”(这里意为它们他们喜欢咖啡馆,体育馆或者是公园。)
5.To Chill Out: To chill out (动词)。 每个人都喜欢chill out,那么chill out是什么意思呢?它仅仅意为放松,休息。通常情况下,你如果和一个以英语为母语的人交谈out可加可不加,他们完全够能够明白你在说什么。
Example 1)
例1
“Hey Tommy, what are you guys doing?”
“嗨,汤米,你们在干什么呢?”
“We’re just chilling (out).”
“我们正在休息。”
Example 2)
例2
“Sue, what did you do in the weekend?”
“苏,这周末你们都在干什么了?”
“Nothing much. We just chilled (out).”
“没干什么,我们就休息了.”
But if someone tells you need to chill out it’s not as positive. It means that they think you’re overreacting to a situation or getting stressed about silly little things.
但是如果有人说你需要chill out,那么这就不是积极的意义了。这意为你对环境过度反应了或者你对一些微小的事情太在意了。
Example 3)
例3
“I can’t believe that test we just had. I’m sure I’m going to fail.”
“我无法相信我们已经考完试了,我确定我会不及格。”
“You need to chill out and stop thinking too much. I’m sure you’ll be fine.”
“你需要冷静一下不要想太多。我确信,你没有问题。”
6.Wheels :Wheel(名词)我们知道许多东西都有轮子 – 汽车,摩托车,自行车甚至手推车,但是当某人讨论他们的轮子的时候,他们正在说他们的车。

Example 1)
例1
“Hey, can you pick me up at 3?”
“嗨,你能在3点的时候来接我吗?”
“Sorry, I can’t. I don’t have my wheels at the moment?”
“不好意思,我去不了,那个时间我车在不在身边。”
Example 2)
例2
“Nice wheels!”
“这车真棒!”
“Thanks, it was a birthday present from my dad!”
“谢谢,这是给爸爸的生日礼物!”
7.To be amped:To be amped(形容词)。如果你对某事amped,这说明你非常激动且迫不及待的让这件事发生。

Example 1)
例1
“I can’t wait to see Beyonce live!”
“我真是迫不及待的想要看到碧昂斯的现场!”
“Me too, I’m amped.”
“我也是,我太激动了。”
It can also mean you’re really determined and you want something to happen. With this meaning you can also replace amped with pumped.
它还有一层词意就是你真的做好决定了并且你确定你期待这件事的发生。有了这层含义你可以用pumped来替换amped。
Example 2)
例2
“I’m so amped for the game tonight!”
“我是如此的期待今晚的比赛!”
“Yeah, I’m sure you are!.”
“我知道你很期待!。”
8.Babe:Babe(名词)。 如果你称某人是babe,这意为你认为他不热情且没有吸引力。但是要注意你只可以在同人说话的时候使用这个词。

Example 1)
例1
“What do you think of James’ new girlfriend?”
“你认为詹姆斯的新女朋友怎么样?”
“Total babe! And you?”
“简直无聊!你怎么觉得?”
“Agreed!”
“我也这样想!”
9.Busted :(形容词)。如果你逮捕了某人这就说明你的发现他做了不该做的事,说了不该说的话或者藏了不该藏得东西。The police bust people every day可以写成they catch all the bad guys and charge them or put them in prison(他们抓捕犯罪分子,给犯罪分子定罪并且把他们关到监狱里。)

Example 1)
例1
“Did you hear that Sam got busted speeding?”
“你听说萨姆因超速驾驶被抓了嘛?”
“No, but I’m not surprised. I’m always telling him he needs to drive slower!”
“还没听说,但是我一点也不惊讶。我总是告诉他他应该开慢点!”
Example 2)
例2
“There were two kids who were busted cheating in their exams!”
“那两个孩子因为考试作弊被抓了!”
“Really? What happened?”
“真的吗?发生了什么?”
10.To have a blast:To have a blast(动词)。Blast原意是指大爆炸。这是新闻中常见的一个词组。但是如果你跟你的朋友使用这个词,那它的意思就变的积极了,意为,某事非常棒,你度过了一段愉快的时光。

Example 1)
例1
“How was the Jack Johnson concert?”
“ 杰克·约翰逊的音乐会怎么样?”
“It was awesome. Everyone had a blast.”
“简直太棒了,每个人都很激动。”
Example 2)
[cn]例2
“Thanks for inviting me to your party last night, I had a blast.”
“昨晚感谢你邀请我去你的聚会,我度过了一段愉快的时光。”
“Thanks for coming and I’m glad you enjoyed it.”
“感谢你能来,很开心你喜欢这个聚会。”

11.To have a crush (on somebody) (verb) To have a crush on somebody is a great feeling and it means that you’re attracted to somebody and would like them to be more than just your friend. And if somebody has a crush on you, well it’s the same – they like you in a more intimate way.
To have a crush (on somebody)(动词)。To have a crush on somebody 之一种强烈的情感。意为你被某人所以吸引并且不仅仅把他看做是你的朋友。如果某人迷恋你,同理 – 他们也非常喜欢你,想要跟你有进一步的发展。
Example 1)
例1
“I have the biggest crush on Simon. He’s so cute!”
“我非常迷恋西蒙,他是如此的可爱!”
Instead of saying have a crush you can also just say crushing on – it means the same thing but it’s usually used among the younger generation and teenagers.
除了说 have a crush你也可以说 crushing on – 两者意义相同,但是年轻人和青少年中这个词常常这样用。
Example 2)
例2
“Oooh, you’re so crushing on Michael right now!”
“哦,你现在对迈克尔已经完全着迷了!”
“I am not! We’re just friends!”
“我没有,我们只是朋友!”
12.To dump somebody (verb) If you dump somebody, you’re probably going to break their heart. If you dump your boyfriend or girlfriend it means you stop having a romantic relationship with them for some reason. And if you’re dumped, it means that somebody doesn’t want to date you anymore – don’t worry, there are plenty more fish in the sea! (There are many more great single people out there to date).
To dump somebody(动词)。如果你摆脱某人,你很可能伤了他们的心。如果你摆脱了你男朋友或者你的女朋友,这意为,你由于某种原因跟他们终止了恋爱关系。如果你被摆脱了,这意味着某人可能不再想跟你约会了– 不要着急,不要在一棵树上吊死!(还有很多优秀的单身的人可以约。)
Example 1)
例1
“What’s wrong with Amy? She’s been walking around the campus all day looking sad and like she’s going to start crying anymore.”
“艾米怎么了?她一整天都在校园里走来走去,她看起来还很悲伤好像要哭了。”
“Didn’t you hear? Alex dumped her last night! Just don’t mention his name at all!”
“你没听说吗??亚历克斯昨晚跟她分手了,不要再提他的名字!”
Example 2)
例2
“Landon looks so mad! What happened?”
“兰德登看起来如此疯狂!发生了什么?”
“He and Samantha broke up.”
“他和萨曼莎分手了。”
13.Ex (noun) Usually if you hear to a friend referring to their ex, they’re referring to their old boyfriend or girlfriend who they no longer date. But if you put it with another noun for example ‘boss’ ex-boss it means your boss from before.
Ex(名词)。通常情况下,如果你听到一个朋友提到他们的ex,他们就是在指他/她们上一任的女朋友或者男朋友。但是如果你把这个词跟另一个词放到一起,如boss,即ex-boss,这意为前任老板。
Example 1)
例1
“Who was that guy you were talking to before?”
“你刚才在跟谁说话?”
“He’s my ex!”
“他是我前任!”
Example 2)
例2
“My ex always sends me messages on Facebook. I wish she’d stop, it’s really annoying!”
“我的前任总是在Facebook给我发消息。我希望她能停下来,这真的让人和懊恼!”
14.Geek (noun) Depending on how you use this word will depend on whether you’re being nice or not! If you refer to a person as a geek it’s referring to a person in a negative critical way because they like to study too much or spend too much time on the computer and not socialize. But if you call your friend a geek it could be in a fun more playful way.
Geek(名词)你怎样在使用这个词决定了你的态度是否友好!如果你把某个人称为怪人,这说明你是以一种消极的批评的态度再跟他说话,因为他总是在学习或者是一个电脑迷而且不社交。但是如果你把你的朋友称为怪人,你可能就是以一种开玩笑的口吻来说这句话。
Example 1)
例1
“What do think of the new girl Amanda?”
“你认为新来的女孩阿曼达怎么样?”
“Not much, she seems like a geek. She spends all her time in the library!”
“还行吧,她似乎是一个怪人,她一直呆在图书馆。”
“Maybe because she feels lonely. She’s new!” (Mean and negative meaning).
“或许是因为她觉得孤单吧,毕竟她是新来的!”(这里就是以一种批评的消极口吻来说话)
Example 2)
例2
“Let’s go Ted’s house party tonight! Everyone’s going to be there!”
“今晚我们去泰德家的聚会!每个人都必须去!”
“I wish I could, but I have to study for my finals!”
“我倒是想去,但是我必须在家备考期末!”
“Ah, man, you’re such a geek!” (Fun and more playful meaning)
“哈,你可真是个怪人!”(这里就是以一种开玩笑的口吻表达)
15.To be hooked on something (verb) If you’re hooked on something or just hooked, it means that you’re addicted to something and you can’t get enough. You can be hooked on chocolate, basketball, a new TV show or something more dangerous like smoking (which is not cool by the way!)
To be hooked on something(动词)如果你对某件事上钩了说明你对某件事很着迷而且你觉得你得到的不够。你可以对巧克力着迷,也可以是篮球,电视剧或者是一些有害的东西例如吸烟。
Example 1)
例1
“What did you think about the new sitcom with James Franco?”
“你认为詹姆斯这部新剧怎么样?”
“Loved it. I’m hooked already!”
“我非常喜欢,我已经完全着迷了!”
Example 2)
例2
“I miss George!”
“我想念乔治!”
“George’s your ex. You’re hooked on him and it’s not healthy. It’s time to move on!”
“他是你的前任,你已经对他着迷了,这不正常,是时候向前看了!”
16.Looker (noun) If somebody says that you’re a looker, you should definitely be flattered – they are paying you the ultimate compliment and saying that they think you’re good looking. They’ll probably never say it to your face but you could hear it from someone else.
Looker(名词)如果某人称你是一个looker,那你绝对是被奉承了 – 他们这是在赞美你而且认为你很漂亮。他们可能不会当面对你说,但是你能够从别人那听到他们对你的赞美。
Example 1)
例1
“That Marni girl is a real looker don’t you think?”
“那个玛尼的女孩可真是个美人,你觉得呢?”
“She’s a nice girl but not my type!”
“她很不错,但是很可惜不是我的菜!”
Example 2)
例2
“Have you seen the new history professor yet?”
“你见过新来的历史教授了嘛?”
“No, but I hear he’s a real looker!”
“还没有呢,但是我听说他很帅!”
“You hear right. He is!”
“是的,他很帅!”
17.To be sick (adjective) Cough cough sneeze sneeze…no not this kind of sick. If your buddy says that the party was sick he’s saying he thought it was really cool, awesome or the best. In this case it has a similar meaning to the word awesome, however, you probably will only hear teenagers and college students saying this!
To be sick(形容词)。咳嗽,打喷嚏…不是这种生病。如果你的好朋友说这个聚会让人觉得恶心他其实是想说这个剧会很酷很棒。在种情况下,sick和awesome的词义相同。但是你可能只会听到青少年们和大学生这样说!
Example 1)
例1
“When are you going to Hawaii?”
“你什么时候去夏威夷!”
“Next week! Have you been?”
“下周!你去过那嘛?”
“Yeah, a few times, it’s sick!”
“去过几次,那简直太棒了!”
Example 2)
例2
“You missed a sick party last night!”
“昨晚你错过了一个超级棒的聚会!”
“Oh, man, I knew I should have gone!”
“哦!我应该去的!”
18.Epic Fail (noun) The word epic means ‘huge’ and you know what the word ‘fail’ already means. Put the two words together and that’s what it is – a ‘big failure’ or ‘complete disaster/failure’. You’d used this noun when something hasn’t gone the right way as expected and it’s used to exaggerate the idea of failing or doing something wrong.
Epic Fail(名词)。Epic意为‘巨大的’而且你知道‘fail’的含义。把这两个词放到一起你就知道它的词义了 – 一个巨大的失败或者彻底的失败。当事情没有如期按正确的轨道发展的时候你可以使用这个词,它用来夸大某个错误的想法或者事情。
Example 1)
例1
“The school basketball team lost the game by 30 points, can you believe it?”
“学校的篮球队以30分之差输掉了比赛,你能相信嘛?”
“Yeah, epic fail!”
“天呐,彻头彻尾的失败!”
Example 2)
例2
“Did you get your test marks back?”
“你找回你考试的分数了嘛?”
“Yeah, it was an epic fail and I have to redo the classes again next semester!”
“哎,完全没有,下学期我不得不重修这门课了!”
19.To be ripped (adjective). In normal everyday English ripped means ‘torn’ – you can rip your jeans or a piece of paper, but… …in slang it’s got nothing to do with that. If a person is ripped means they have great muscles and bodies – probably because they work out a lot the gym or are into sport.
To be ripped(形容词)。在日常的英语交流中ripped意为‘torn(撕)’– 你可以撕坏你的牛仔裤或者纸。但是 … … 在俚语中它可就不这么用了。如果用ripped形容某个人,这说明他有强壮的肌肉和身体 – 可能是因为他们经常在体育馆里锻炼或者是运动。
Example 1)
例1
“Dude, you’re so ripped! What’s your secret?”
“伙计,你如此强健的秘诀是什么?”
“Gym two hours a day!”
“每天去体育馆里锻炼两个小时!”
Example 2)
例2
“Have you seen Martin lately?”
“你最近看见马丁了嘛?”
“No, why?”
“没有,怎么了?”
“He’s done something to himself! He totally ripped!”
“他忙着自己的事情呢!他现在可强健了!”
“What? No way! He used to be so overweight!”
“什么?不可能!他以前那么瘦小!”
20.Loser (noun) In a game we have winners and we have losers, but if your friend says a person is a loser, it doesn’t mean they lost a game or a competition it means that they don’t like him or her because of their actions and behavior.
Loser(名词)。在比赛中有赢家有输家,但是如果你的朋友说一个人是输家,这并不意味着他们输掉了比赛,这说明由于他/她的行为举止他们并不喜欢她/他。
Example 1)
例1
“Ray is such a loser for breaking up with Rebecca.”
“拉伊和瑞比卡分手真是个傻子。”
“Yeah, I know, he’s never going to find a girl as good as her!”
“嗯,我知道,他再也找不到像她一样好的女孩!”
So there you have it – these are a few of the most common everyday slang phrases you could hear among your English speaking friends. However, do be careful where and when you use them. Slang is mainly used around your friends and people you’re familiar with. It would be a shame if you didn’t get the job because you used slang talk – that would be an epic fail!
这样你就知道了这些俚语 – 在日常生活对话中你会经常听到你的美国朋友们使用这些俚语。然而,你要注意使用它们的场合和时机。俚语用于朋友和家人之间。如果因为使用俚语而错失了得到工作的好机会那就另人懊悔了– 这将是一个彻头彻尾的失败!